Fraud Squad Report and Recovery Action List
The following is an outline for registrants to report incidents of solicitation and a suggested list of recovery actions they should use to recover from the potentially adverse effects of the transaction.
- Contact Payment Authority
In all likelihood, these transactions will not be processed if the company is not able to secure payment for the transaction. If you have already sent money to one of these companies, we suggest contacting your bank, provider or credit card company immediately regarding your options to have any payment you may have authorized either stopped or reversed.
Major Credit Card Company Contact Numbers:
Visa Global Customer Assistance: 1-800-847-2911
Mastercard USA: 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
Mastercard Canada: 1-800-307-7309
American Express: 1-800-528-4800
Diners Club USA: 800 2 DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Diners Club Canada: 1 800 363 3333
- Report Incident to Reseller
In an effort to protect our business and your domain name registration, we’re asking for the help of all registrants. It is important that you contact us to report any incident of solicitation as soon as possible. This will help HomepageUniverse prevent others like you from being deceived by this solicitation and to aid you in the recovery of your domain.
Please report all incidents of solicitation to: email@example.com
- Send Evidence to Reseller
We’re working with Tucows OpenSRS, our supplier and the appropriate authorities on assessing the pursuit of legal and policy initiatives at our disposal. Please help us by taking the time to send evidence of these solicitations. Samples can be sent to:
Homepage Universe, Inc.
2829 N. Glenoaks Blvd. STE 101
Burbank, CA 91504
- Report Incident to the Authorities
Proactively combating these sorts of unscrupulous business practices is the only way to ensure these companies are stopped. This will not only help you, but all registrants, to enjoy the freedom to choose your provider and to be free from solicitations designed to deceive or trick you. Incidents of solicitation can be reported using the following resources:
- Check out www.domainscams.com for the latest information on these sorts of solicitations. In the United States:
- Report your incident at the United States Postal Inspection Service On-line Complaints web site at: http://www.usps.gov/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm
- You can also complete the PDF Form found at:
http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/ps8165.pdf and send the
completed report to your Postmaster or mail to:
INSPECTION SERVICE SUPPORT GROUP
222 S RIVERSIDE PLAZA STE 1250
CHICAGO IL 60606-6100
- Notify Postal Inspectors at 1-800-FRAUD-IS (1-800-373-8347)
- Businesses and consumers who believe they have been misled should contact the Competition Bureau toll free at 1-800-348-5358 or visit their web site located at: www.competition.ic.gc.ca
- Report your incident using the Competition Bureau On-line Complaints form here: http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/SSG/ct01260e.html
- Review the latest information at the The RCMP website which can be found at: http://www.rcmp.ca/scams/bfraud.htm